Friday, May 29, 2009

People

As many of you know, if you need something and I have extra, you're welcome to it, whatever it is. If I don't have it, I offer what I do have: sometimes an ear, sometimes a shoulder, sometimes just a cup of coffee or chocolate kiss.

If you know me, you know then that I like to suggest things to do, ideas to talk about or places to go. No one needs to run anything; no one needs to lead. If you want to do, talk or go -- you do; if you don't, then you don't. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If I change my mind or something comes up, I go my own way and I expect others to behave in a like manner. Sounds like adult behavior, eh?

I am sorry for the rant, guys, but my feelings got hurt and sometimes I get FED UP. I often take crap [for lack of a better word] from people to avoid a confrontation or because it's just not worth arguing over. BUT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH this week.

You get to work late. You misplace your keys. Kids get in trouble. Strangers screw up your stuff - why? because they can. The roof leaks. The toilet is broken. People get sick. Cars break down. Spouses cheat. Pets die. Taxes come due. Life happens.

So,

take a breath. look outside. regain perspective, girl.


I welcome, love and cherish my friends; but, I will wave goodbye to anyone who does not want to be my friend or behave like a friend. I have done it before, and I can do it again. Sometimes life makes me sad, but that's the way it works.

Onward and upward to all. And to all a good night.

5 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Good Golly! Some people are so insecure they see
everything in shades of black. How sad and I truly understand what you're going through and, like you, can walk in a NY second. Who needs more angst in their life?
FWIW, I thought your idea inspired and wondered who wouldn't enjoy another 'excuse' to get away for a few hours with new friends.
Forgive the brag but Thistle Cove Farm is in Country Magazine and on their website at country-magazine.com. Check us out -smile-

KSee said...

Oh, I totally understand your rant--but I do not see it as one. It is part of the process of living. I can understand why in the old days people lived as clans. If you did not get along, kick them out or kill them. lol, and that was just family.
Yuo have us out here and you can let go at any time!

Amanda said...

I hope you have a better week this week - you sound like you really deserve one.

Firefly Nights said...

Don't know what happened to prompt your post but I enjoyed having lunch with you last month. I thought there were also a couple of other people who occasionally organized the lunch outings. The other time I went with the group someone else organized it. I had fun both times. Who cares who organizes the after event outing? It's all supposed to be fun.

You can't expect everyone in an organization to like everyone else, but if someone said something to hurt your feelings I'm very sorry. You've always seemed like a nice person to me.

jane said...

Hang in there...thinking about you. Have a good week! Jane

Your Love Life is Like Casablanca
"Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time."

For you, love is never finished. If you've loved someone once, you'll always love them.
You're an old fashioned romantic... even if your relationships don't end up as romantic as you'd like.

Your love style: Traditional and understated

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Complicated and ambiguous