Tuesday, September 01, 2009

'ears to Tico and Joe, too!


Doesn't he have the cutest ears and the sweetest expression? Doesn't he look like a little 'huahua? Well, he's not! Tico (short for Taquito) is a sato, which is a stray from Puerto Rico, and he is a 'huahua mixed with something terrier-like.

I am posting Tico's photo (again) because the folks over at Munchkin Memoirs are having a contest. If you go to their blog post, you can play too!

After re-reading above, I decided that Joe needed some cheering up so here's one of Joe sitting in the cart at PetsMart (which is truly unusual if you know Joe) after having seen the resident veterinarian (*who was great with him btw). It is difficult to see, but Joe is wearing an Elizabethan collar to keep him from chewing his rump (which you can't see in this photo b/c it is covered by a towel to hide the wound which had just been debrided! ugh). His sweet ears are tucked by his head, little lovey boy! Doesn't he look pitiful?!? The photo was taken on Aug. 28, Friday evening. He is doing much better today - yeah!!

FWD:



Chan and Sue are at fault, I mean responsible, for passing the contest along to me, so I want to give credit where due!

Munchkin Memoirs

I hope everyone is doing well. I am looking forward to school starting back up on the 8th (yes, it is late this year) and I think DS is too. He's a senior and I just can't figure out where the years have gone....

I have a couple of FOs that I have not passed along lately (and I have some frogged projects too alas). This one is my second attempt at this particular pattern (BYOB), and, frankly, it stretches too much, even knitting it MUCH smaller than the first one. It is pretty though, yes?

083109-BYOB.jpg

5 comments:

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Thanks to Tico and Joe for entering our contest. We will get the entries up in our next context post. They definitely are both "ear"resistible.

Chihuahua kisses,
The Munchkins

Channon said...

I'm just sorry they didn't have the clear E-collars when Mugsy was living in one, episode after episode! I'm also glad Joe has a clean bill of health.

Love Tico's ears. I miss Mugsy's one prick ear that would stand up when he was eavesdropping.

Christina said...

Glad to hear that Joe is doing better.

Sue said...

Glad to see you entered those adorable ears.

Cherri said...

Cute. Joe does look very pathetic in this picture:9(

Your Love Life is Like Casablanca
"Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time."

For you, love is never finished. If you've loved someone once, you'll always love them.
You're an old fashioned romantic... even if your relationships don't end up as romantic as you'd like.

Your love style: Traditional and understated

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Complicated and ambiguous