Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I vote for dogs too; a WIP and a FO

Yesterday, my dachshund daily desk calendar (say that five times fast) contained the following statement:

I saw a bumper sticker that said: I love DOGS and I vote.
I want one that says, I vote for DOGS.


... just when you thought I was getting political! LOL

Knitting and working both continue. Since my 9/11 post, I attended a wonderful knitting retreat in Staunton (see review here on Virginia Knits) and I have completed a new shawlette -- it is a combination of 2 ideas/patterns, so I guess I have come up with a new design... ? What do you think - can you guess what two popular patterns on Ravelry it is based on?

Skinny Ruffle meets Gaia Shawlette

I have also been busily knitting on Chris' jacket/cardigan/sweater -- here's a wip photo:

cropped-wip-cardi

Can you tell that the sleeves are on waste yarn waiting for me to finish the body? I think it is coming along nicely and will fit grreeaatt! The fabric is so soft and will be really warm (wool and alpaca both) - and manly too!

5 comments:

chicamom85 said...

What a nice blog. Thank you for visiting Sasha

Anne

Anita said...

I don't know what 2 patterns it is, but it turned out beautiful!!

Channon said...

Love the shawl and the sweater looks great!

CraftyGryphon said...

Hihi!

My Clapotis is going to be as long as it gets - 3 balls of Blue Ridge Yarn's "Kaleidescope" - 2 in Ocean Coral, and 1 in Dragons Breath. (Info/labels here.

Wheee!

Sue said...

Love the shawlette. The colors are great.

Your Love Life is Like Casablanca
"Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time."

For you, love is never finished. If you've loved someone once, you'll always love them.
You're an old fashioned romantic... even if your relationships don't end up as romantic as you'd like.

Your love style: Traditional and understated

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Complicated and ambiguous