Thursday, October 16, 2008

Amazing Autumn Coffee Swap Questionnaire

Site - go here to see about the swap.

About My Yarn Passion

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn? I knit. I know how to crochet, but do not do so often (due to hand injury some years ago). I learned from a good friend of my grandmother; a lovely Italian lady who did not have any children of her own. We called her Aunt Florence.

2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you've been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I love my knitpicks options harmony needles. I am always looking for a size 7 or 8 it seems - would like to have some more 'tips' in those sizes... I also would like to have some long #2 circs for sock making... 2-at-a-time style.

3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven't ever gotten into as much as others? I have enjoyed knitting bags & felting them; I recently made the Sunkist Cardigan and loved it. I want to knit some socks but need to finish up some Christmas knitting! And I need to knit a sweater for my little girl Jetta (4 month old rat terrier) -- she's soo chilly in the mornings!

4. What's on your needles\hook right now? What's your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? I am working on the Cobblestone Pullover for my DMF; I also have started a bag that will hold my swift once completed and felted. My oldest UFO is the Forest Canopy Shawl ... I keep picking it up and putting it down even though I love the pattern!

5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you? definitely the Christmas sweater mentioned above - it is mindless knitting at this stage.

6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you're allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you've been dying to try? I love wools, alpaca. I love the way silk drapes, but don't have any yet. I find some of the cottons too rigid when knitting with it, I feel it needs a little synthetic to give it flexibility. I am not allergic to natural fibers.

7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can't stand? I love jewel tones and definitely cannot wear 'warm' colors - I have pink/pale fair skin (but not the kind that goes with reddish hair, think light brown/dirty blond) and blue eyes. I really like variegated yarns - like noro's kureyon and the kauni wools.

My Coffee Passion

1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not? high test please

2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press? either type of bean; use a drip pot or a french press - have both.

3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type? Dark, robust - I like my coffee strong but not bitter! I do not care much for flavored coffees.

4. How do you 'take' your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins? I like milk and a blend of sugar/splenda/natural sugar that I mix up and keep in the sugar bowl @ home. I use less than a tsp. so I figure I can have it and not feel guilty!

5. That first morning cup - is it about the taste, or the caffeine? definitely the taste!

6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? Yes, I do. I like Einstein Brothers (isn't that a chain?) and do enjoy Starbucks Sumatra. I love a good latte. I am like Frasier's dad though, I like my coffee to be coffee, not a pampered drink!

7. You've just made the perfect cup of coffee - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? Oh, in a thick mug so as to hold in all the wonderful warmth. On my leather love seat, knitting at hand, TV on something good to listen to.

8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen - when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee - what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? yes, they are sweet, crunchy, soft and/or flaky! I love pecans, walnuts, cinnamon, butter, almonds and the like. I don't like coconut or macadamias or 'jellied' things.

All about MOI!

1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? I would like to learn to weave and hope to move that direction some day... I have started some scrapbook pages and will finish up someday, but knitting is, well, KNITTING! There is no substitute.

2. Do you collect anything? yes - lemon plates aka nappies aka ... you might need to ask me!

3. What is your favorite part of Autumn? Chilly mornings, kaleidoscope of colors in the trees, wearing sweaters and jackets without being too warm!

4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? For my home I like natural scents like ocean, cinnamon, pine - not sweet scents, but pungent scents

5. Are you allergic to anything? Yes, so please don't send me any penicillin!!

6. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID? Yes ~ bonaircat

7. How would you spend an ideal fall afternoon/day? Walking in the woods or along a creek / pond / lake with my puppies, my DMF and a nice picnic lunch to be enjoyed somewhere that is half shade / half sun; my nose would be chilly but my toes would be toasty.

No comments:

Your Love Life is Like Casablanca
"Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time."

For you, love is never finished. If you've loved someone once, you'll always love them.
You're an old fashioned romantic... even if your relationships don't end up as romantic as you'd like.

Your love style: Traditional and understated

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Complicated and ambiguous