Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekly AACS topic

Prologue: I forgot to post this... I hope nobody minds too much! (posted 11/3/08)

This/last week's topic:

With Halloween coming up this Friday, tell us what you think of when you think Halloween! Do you love it? Hate it? See it as a sign of Fall? Are you a total sucker for candy and little kids in cute costumes?

I like Halloween and I don't like Halloween. I love costumes - kids in costume, pets in costume - I mean, what's not to like? Right?

I don't like the way some older kids get nasty - they break open trashbags, they egg folks' homes, they waste perfectly good TP(!), they strew garbage along the side of the road... why do they think this is fun? The only good thing I can say about older kids (teenagers) and this particular Halloween is that my 16yo son did NOT participate in that type of behavior - he simply walked around the neighborhood with a couple of friends (male and femal), masked of course, checking out the festivities... he passed on an opportunity to go see a friend's older brother / party at VCU... maybe he's learning to make good decisions (keep your fingers crossed here, ok?!)

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Ooooh! Kudos to you and the young man for good decisions... That's a nice TREAT for sure...

Your Love Life is Like Casablanca
"Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time."

For you, love is never finished. If you've loved someone once, you'll always love them.
You're an old fashioned romantic... even if your relationships don't end up as romantic as you'd like.

Your love style: Traditional and understated

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Complicated and ambiguous