Thursday, February 26, 2009

DOT 022609


Spring is coming --> I am sure it is!

That is what this photo says to me.

If you are unfamiliar with her work and/or you love doxies, you need to check out Terry Pond's artwork. I hope she doesn't mind me posting this photo - it does contain her copyright info and I am including a link to her website, www.wiener-dog.com.

I wanted to find a good one of Tico, the Bad, to post today, but I did not have one handy right now. I will post about the speed limit enforcing little fella another time. The lil darlin'.

KnitKnote:
I am soooooo close to completing my February Lady - right on time I might add. It was my own personal challenge to complete her this month. I am down to the bottom few repeats of lace pattern, then the garter border, and I do not have enough yarn. Yes, you read it right, I have to wait for the nice folks at Cestari to mail me one (1) skein of yarn!!!

FYI, Cestari Sheep & Land Co. is having its Wool Fair the weekend of April 25-26, 2009. Last year they had demonstrations by the Virginia Percheron Draft Horse Association, animals for petting, wool and food to nurture whichever need you had at a particular moment, and lots of other interesting things to do and see. I will post more when I get the brochure they are working up as I type.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Love the artwork. That one is especially happy. Don't you hate it when you get so close to the end and the yarn runs out. I hope it arives quickly.

dogquilter said...

cute artwork! i'm looking for spring too :)

SissySees said...

Thanks for the link. Some friends have an aged weinerdog and will appreciate it...

soulbrush said...

yup spring is in the air here too. can't wait. hope the foot is much improved.

Your Love Life is Like Casablanca
"Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time."

For you, love is never finished. If you've loved someone once, you'll always love them.
You're an old fashioned romantic... even if your relationships don't end up as romantic as you'd like.

Your love style: Traditional and understated

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Complicated and ambiguous