Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ooops! and BYOB

Back a few weeks ago, I posed a question to you guys - when should I celebrate my blogiversary... well, since I have now oops-ed by two days, I guess I'll have to wait a little longer if I want to extol the virtues and benefits of blogging.... I am such a ding-dong sometimes (I was born a blond).

Oh well. Onward. I have been working feverishly on my BYO Bag. It is almost done (see?).

B Y O B

It is a little different from the original (the blue and lime ones below were knit by the designer, Moira Ravenscroft),


but I like to think of my changes as improvements, variations. Or, I like to stray from the pattern so as to imprint my own sense of style? Ok, so you don't buy any of that? Here's my rationale: (1) I used stash which did not include enough of the suggested yarn to make an entire bag and I did not want to spend any money right now (2) I like variegated yarns; and (3) what the heck? I went for it! LOL. I decided to introduce subtle changes by moving from seed stitch to stockinette to show differences in texture instead of changes in color. It is really hard to tell in this photo though, so once I get it completed, I'll post another photo so we can see if my changes work. Either way, it will be a useful bag and one I will enjoy for a long time to come.

Happy Tax Day, fellow Americans!

5 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

These bags are Fabulous!

CraftyGryphon said...

Useful and "not identical to another bag I made" counts. I think the variegated yarn looks pretty as a bag!

SissySees said...

Part of knitting is our ability to make each project unique. If you like it, what else matters?!

Sue said...

I like variegated yarn, too. It's less boring to work with. I guess I'm easily amused.

I still owe you a dog biscuit recipe. I didn't forget, just not enough hours in a day.

stitching under oaks said...

I really like those bags...so cute and they look like they'd hold a lot. I like your yarn, make sure you post finished pictures...can't wait to see it done.

Your Love Life is Like Casablanca
"Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time."

For you, love is never finished. If you've loved someone once, you'll always love them.
You're an old fashioned romantic... even if your relationships don't end up as romantic as you'd like.

Your love style: Traditional and understated

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Complicated and ambiguous