Friday, November 09, 2007

Hi - I'm back ....

I didn't really go anywhere and I tried to post but evidently Blogger has had a cold or something because I could not get on and upload photos or post anything...

So, much to catch up on. We had a shower for Amy


back on Oct. 23 and she has since had her newest bundle of joy - who is now almost 10 days!

On October 27 I was happily allowed to go to Berryville to the 2nd Annual Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival with Robin and Ray ... you can see photos here. We had a wonderful time. We visited the animals, looked at all the cool fibery fun (ask Ray about his new hobby), and then visited the old mill in Millwood on the out. Photos of the mill are in the above set. We stopped in Warrenton and dined at McMahon's Irish Pub - that was good fun and very delicious. I drank my first ever Smithwick's and ... i'm a beliver!

I have been knitting up a storm and finished several hats for little folks (babies, including my cousin's new son Kullen) as well as Christmas presents.... better not post a photo here - don't want to spoil anything for anyone...!

We held a small party for Jon on October 30 to celebrate his new job! He brought show and tell on November 6 so we could see some of what he purchased with the gift certificate we presented him with.

2 comments:

Kasia said...

Sounds like you were busy lately! How I envy you knitting the Christmas pressies... I had to hang that for a while until the NaNoWriMo madness will roll over me. Festival sounds like such fun!

Mary said...

Berryville looked like a fun event -- I hope I can go next year.

Your Love Life is Like Casablanca
"Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time."

For you, love is never finished. If you've loved someone once, you'll always love them.
You're an old fashioned romantic... even if your relationships don't end up as romantic as you'd like.

Your love style: Traditional and understated

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Complicated and ambiguous