Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Skunks, Turkeys and the Holidays

I was ashamed to note that it has been over a MONTH since I last posted and even that post was ... slight? shall we say? It has been a busy busy period of time - Thanksgiving came and went - T and I had dinner at my sister's home with her DS, boys and our uncle, aunt and two of their girls... it was wonderful. The time between T'giving and Christmas was a whirlwind to say the very least.

I finally met a someone I had been talking to via email, chats and phone. We've hit it off and have spent a good deal of time together (stay tuned for future updates). I shopped, knitted, shopped some more, knitted some more, oh and worked (worked hard given the new computer system and the number of new appeals - another story altogether). Not to even mention the usual duties of mom and homeowner.

So as Christmas was coming and oh so quickly, I finished up my gift shopping / knitting and ended up work (had off Thursday before Christmas through today). I finished up my grocery shopping, keeping in mind the goodies I intended to make, bake and otherwise prepare. Then, on the Saturday before Christmas ... I pulled my back out. That was that. No baking, no making and nothing much got prepared. I wrapped. I wove in some loose ends and tails. I watched TV. alot of holiday TV. If I moved, it hurt. So I did not move. Much anyway. T & I enjoyed Christmas Eve brunch in Oilville with everyone. We enjoyed our Christmas day very much and we enjoyed seeing our family - as extended as it now is.

Finally, yesterday, I woke up feeling better! I baked a black walnut cake (my maternal grandmother's recipe). I shopped with DC (dear companion? compadre? Chris?) - we got lobster, scallops and champagne. We had a lovely dinner here at my house. T had a lovely pizza with one of his buds. All were well fed and happy.

Here's to a Happy New Year ... !!

Resolutions you ask? I resolve to be happier with myself, get myself fitter while eating more healthily, and expand my knitting expertise (i.e., stop with the darn scarves & bags and move along to other projects!). *(see below)

Holiday Swap 2007 ... on Saturday just passed, I received a cool package from Monique (Netherlands!) - containing a lovely blue scarf/hat and some ornaments she made for me, cool Christmas wine glass identifying charms (which may actually get converted to stitchmarkers...!) and a lovely pop-up Christmas Card... The ornaments were residing in a pretty black and sparkly bag with little tasseled ties. All in all, a really fun package to receive! Thank you Monique! I hope you have had a lovely Christmas and New Year also.

Much love and good wishes to all ... and to all a good night!

(oh, and blog more often)*

2 comments:

Mary said...

Not sure who the skunk is, but I'm glad you had nice holidays. Looking forward to hearing more about your new SO. See ya tomorrow night? :-)

CraftyGryphon said...

Happy new year!

And remember - blogging is supposed to be fun, not work. If you don't feel like it/don't have time, don't worry about it. It's for relaxing, not stressing.

Your Love Life is Like Casablanca
"Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time."

For you, love is never finished. If you've loved someone once, you'll always love them.
You're an old fashioned romantic... even if your relationships don't end up as romantic as you'd like.

Your love style: Traditional and understated

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Complicated and ambiguous